Foundation in Management
(R/010/3/0192) 06/19 (A9589)
Management, finance and business skills are fundamental for success in any industry. Companies are constantly looking for employees with excellent management skills and sharp business acumen, such as those our graduates acquire through our Bachelor programmes.
Before students embark on their chosen disciplines, the Foundation in Management is a one-year foundation programme that essentially prepares the students to be more adaptive and to gain more excellence when they move on to their selected management, finance and business disciplines.
English Language Requirement for International Students
International students who wish to enrol into the Foundation in Management programme are required to possess a minimum score of 4.0 in IELTS or its equivalent.
PROGRESSION TO BACHELOR’S DEGREE
Upon completion of the foundation programme, students can enrol into any Bachelor Degree programme at MMU provided that he or she fulfils the Bachelor’s Degree entry requirement. International students should also fulfil the English Language Requirement.
For Bachelor of Accounting (Hons), the entry requirement is Pass Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, AND a credit in Mathematics AND a pass in English at SPM level or its equivalent, AND a minimum score of band 2 in MUET.
For Bachelor of Finance (Hons) and Bachelor of Financial Engineering (Hons), the entry requirement is Pass Foundation with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, AND a credit in Mathematics AND a pass in English at SPM level or its equivalent.
For ALL other Bachelor programmes offered by the Faculty of Management, the entry requirement is Pass Foundation studies with at least CGPA of 2.00.
Essential of Microeconomics
Essential of Financial Accounting
University Study Skills
Computer Applications in Business
Introduction to Business
Introduction to Law
Social and Emotional Health
Essential of Macroeconomics
Essential of Management Accounting
*Note: The above programme structure serves as a general guide.
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
This programme aims:
- To equip students with the basic knowledge, cognitive and practical skills to pursue a degree in Business and Social Science disciplines.
- To provide communication, digital, personal and entrepreneurial skills as pathways to pursuing a degree in business and social science disciplines
Upon completing the foundation programme, students are expected to achieve or attain the following outcomes:
- Acquire basic knowledge in principles of business and management.
- Apply basic business and management knowledge to solve routine problems.
- Demonstrate business and management principles through class activities and project work.
- Demonstrate effective communication through individual and teamwork.
- Apply digital skills through the use of new media.
- Acquire personal and entrepreneurial skills through business projects
Mr Muhammad Nizam Zainuddin
Head of Unit - Management and Marketing