Bachelor of Marketing (Hons.)
(R2/342/6/0100) 09/19 (A5315)
Great marketing is at the heart of every successful business.
Marketers are highly sought by all industries. The three-year specialized programme focuses on the latest trends through relevant and up-to-date courses which are in line with the digitalised trends within the industry. Students are nurtured with an in-depth understanding of the marketing concept, while supplemented with fundamental and practical knowledge in creating online and offline marketing strategies for local and international settings.
Graduates can look forward to successful careers such as Marketing Manager, Branding Expert, Business Development Specialist, Social Media Executive, and many more.
*The requirement to Pass Mathematics and English subjects can be waived should the qualifications contain Mathematics and English subjects with equivalent/ higher achievement.
Those without a pass in Mathematics and/or English at SPM level or equivalent can be admitted but are required to attend special enhancement course(s). These special enhancement courses should be SPM equivalent, remedial in nature. Students must pass the Mathematics and English enhancement courses as a prerequisite to related core courses taught in English.
**DKM/DLKM/DVM candidates may be required to undergo Bridging Programme as an additional requirement.
English Entry Requirement for International Students:
All undergraduate programmes offered by Faculty of Management require a minimum score of 5.5 in IELTS or its equivalent, except for Bachelor of Finance (Hons.) and Bachelor of Financial Engineering (Hons.), which require a minimum score of 6.0 in IELTS or its equivalent.
English for Business Communication
English for Business Studies
Critical Thinking and Applications in Management
Digital Transformation Technologies
Fundamentals of Economics
Fundamentals of Marketing
Principles of Finance
Principles of Financial Accounting
Principles of Managerial Accounting
U3 (Integrity and Leadership)
Human Resource Management
Integrated Marketing Communications
Product Planning and Management
Sales and Professional Selling Management
Technology and Innovation Marketing
Business to Business Marketing
U2 or 3
Industrial Training (Final Trimester)
Students can take any 4 elective subjects (12 credits) offered by FOM and/or other faculties. For other faculties’ course offers, kindly refer to the ‘Build Your Own Curriculum (BYOC)’ material.
Electives offered by FOM are:
Corporate Social Responsibility
Organisational Change and Innovation Management
Social Media Marketing
Theory of Inventive Problem Solving
Digital Media in Business
Environmental and Resource Economics
Hubungan Etnik & TITAS (for local)
Pengajian Malaysia 3 & BM Komunikasi 2 (for international)
Philosophy and Current Issues (Falsafah dan Isu Semasa) – both local and international students
Appreciation of Ethics and Civilizations (Penghayatan Etika dan Peradaban) – Local students only
Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 – International students only
U2 or U3:
Bahasa Kebangsaan A* / Foreign Language (MPU32**) / Islamic Institutions in Malaysia (MPU3301) / Introduction to Multicultural Studies in Malaysia (MPU3302) / Stress and Well-Being Among Malaysian (MPU3303)
Any course with code MPU34** (e.g. MPU3401, MPU3403)
*Note: Bahasa Kebangsaan A is compulsory for any local student who did not obtain credit in Bahasa Malaysia at SPM level.
Note: The above programme structure serves as a general guide.
PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES AND OUTCOMES
This programme aims to produce graduates with the following quality after several years of graduation:
- Graduates with the ability to adopt appropriate methodologies and techniques to competently provide marketing solutions utilizing practical skills and knowledge in marketing or marketing-related events in line with the industry requirements
- Graduates who display sound critical thinking and interpersonal skills, leadership and professionalism in their interactions with both peers and stakeholders in the workplace to lead and innovate in the field of marketing
- Graduates with numeracy and digital skills to carry out their assigned responsibilities effectively demonstrating positive attitude, as well as entrepreneurial mind-set in their workplace environment
Upon graduation, the graduates are expected to achieve or attain the following outcomes:
- Assess in-depth theories and concepts in marketing
- Apply in-depth and comprehensive marketing knowledge to manage complex problems in business organisations using different marketing approaches
- Organise tasks or operations flexibly within business organisations
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication and collaborative skills with diverse stakeholders
- Demonstrate relevant digital skills in marketing
- Analyse numerical and graphical data to assist decision-making
- Demonstrate leadership skills and responsibility in managing business organisations
- Acquire entrepreneurial and managerial skills in planning and organizing projects
- Adhere to ethical values, professionalism and humanities in solving various marketing issues
Mr Muhammad Nizam Zainuddin
Head of Unit - Management and Marketing
Dr. Nurazlin Mohd Fauzi
Pos Malaysia Berhad
Appointment duration: Trimester 2, 2019/20 until Trimester 1, 2022/23
ASSOC. PROF. DR. ALEX CHENG BOON LIAT
Appointment duration: Trimester 1, 2021/22 until Trimester 3, 2022/23