This programme emphasises the creation of new forms of communication art enabled by computing technologies. If you have an interest in computers, the internet, exploring digital media for creative expression, this department is for you.
Media Arts (MA) program offers an inter/multidisciplinary approach to media creation that fosters individual exploration, experimentation and creative technologies practice. The word ‘media’ relates to mediums of communication; while ‘art’ emphasizes the use of these mediums to create, express and challenge. The course is conducted in an exciting environment where theories and practices can be challenged and ideas flow. MA foreground experimental media creation and the results emerge in interactive systems, websites, games, installations, galleries, performances and sometimes public spaces. We strive to create socially and culturally relevant objects, experiences and spaces. Our graduates make significant contributions to the creative, cultural and multimedia industries.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Creative technologist
- New media artists
- Event and Gallery curator
- DJ and VJ
- Multimedia Designer
- New media innovators and media scientist, Visual artist and designer Media engineer
- Pass Foundation in related filed from a recognized institution
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics, English and Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- Pass Diploma in related or relevant field from a recognized institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50*
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
*Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related filed from a recognised institution.
- Pass other Foundation Programmes from MMU may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics, English and Information and Communications Technology (ICT).
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English.
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution.
- Pass Diploma in Creative Multimedia or Diploma in relevant field from MMU with minimum CGPA of 2.50
*Candidates with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 and candidate with Diploma in relevant field from MMU may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.