The programme provides students with computing knowledge in planning, implementation, configuration and maintenance of an organisation’s computing infrastructure. Students will be exposed to various programming languages and web technologies with which they would be able to configure, integrate and deploy systems as well as provide technical support within an organisation.
The curriculum covers areas such as programming, database, software design, operating systems, data communication & networking, as well as mathematics. Apart from the technical subjects, students will also be exposed to soft skills such as writing and presentation skills to help enhance their interaction and communication and prepare them for real-life working environment.
After completion of the diploma programme, you can opt for a related degree programme from either FCI or FIST.
Pass SPM/O-Level or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and a Pass in English; OR
Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and a Pass in English; OR
Pass STPM or its equivalent with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in one (1) subject AND a Credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent; OR
Pass STAM with a minimum grade of Maqbul (Pass) AND a Credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent; OR
Pass in SKM Level 3 or any qualifications equivalent to Certificate (Level 3, MQF) AND a Credit in Mathematics at SPM Level or its equivalent.*
* Candidates with a pass in Mathematics at an SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the certificate programme contains subjects in Mathematics that are equivalent to Mathematics at SPM level.
Candidates with a pass in Mathematics at SPM level and without a related certificate need to take a reinforcement Mathematics subject with appropriate topics in the discipline of Computing at the beginning of the study.
Candidate with a credit in a Computing-related subject at SPM level or its equivalent may be given preferential consideration.
1. MPU2163 Pengajian Malaysia (for local student)
2. MPU2133 Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 1 (For international student)U2:
1. (for student who get exemption subject BM in SPM & international student) Subject code starts with MPU22XX
2. (for student who have no credit for BM in SPM) MPU3201 Bahasa Kebangsaan AU3: Subject code starts with MPU23XXU4: Subject code starts with MPU24XX