PRESS FOR STUDENTS EVENTS
If you are organising an event, and would like to have media attendance, make sure you keep the following in mind:
- Media attendance is only appropriate for events which are newsworthy.
- Get the approval of STAD before inviting the media.
- Prepare a Media Invitation and send to CCU for approval three weeks before the event.
- Prepare a Press Release and send to CCU for approval one week before the event.
- Fax out Media Invitations to members of the media two weeks before the event.
- Follow up three days before, and then a day before the event.
- Have a Media Liaison person to attend to the Media at your event.
- Sample of a Media Invitation
- Sample of a Press Release
- Note to Editor
For further queries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 603 8312 5668