Bachelor of Law (Hons.) is an undergraduate programme providing complete and solid legal knowledge for practice in the legal profession. This four to seven years programme offers Law students a sound comprehension of the system of rules that are enforced through social institutions especially in Malaysia. Students are familiarised with the fundamentals, characteristics, methodology, specialisations, practices, policies and the revolution of law in local and international landscape. The programme encompasses various branches of legal practice, providing exposure in areas such as
- Malaysian Legal System
- Legal Skills
- Criminal Law
- Land Law
- Legal Attachment
- Civil Procedure
- Constitutional Law
- Law of Torts
- Company Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Contract Law
- Islamic Law
- Equity and Trusts
- Professional Practice
- Legal Method
- Intellectual Property Law
- Cyber Law
- Public International Law
- Law of Evidence
- Conveyancing Practice
- Law of Insolvency
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be legal professionals with utmost integrity and ethical values plus sound knowledge of law.
- Graduates are active in community services and work towards the enhancement of social justice.
- Acquire competency in legal knowledge and research skills.
- Demonstrate mooting, advocacy, dispute resolution and drafting skills.
- Uphold professional and ethical values.
- Demonstrate awareness of social, cultural, international or environmental issues.
- Communicate effectively and work independently as well as in teams.
- Identify problems and suitable solutions within a legal framework.
- Acquire managerial and entrepreneurial skills which would be of use in a legal environment.
This programme is not available for international students.
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation from a recognised institution, and pass SPM with 5 credits, inclusive Bahasa Malaysia
- Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with 3 Principals and pass SPM with 5 credits, inclusive Bahasa Malaysia
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution and pass SPM with 5 credits, inclusive Bahasa Malaysia
- A minimum score of band 4 in MUET
* Candidates not meeting this requirement may be subjected to an internal review process.