Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Mechanical
(R2/521/6/0027) 10/20 (MQA/FA8757)
B.Eng (Hons.) Mechanical is one of the top in-demand disciplines of engineering. Mechanical engineers are relatively versatile and knowledgeable in various fields (both technical and managerial) that increase their value and demand in the job market. Students enrolling in this course will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to apply principles and fundamentals in Engineering Mathematics, Applied Mechanics, Mechanical Design, Thermal/Fluid Sciences, and Material Science to solve complex engineering problems. Throughout the four years Mechanical Engineering degree programme, students will also gain knowledge and experience on the current trend research areas encompassing renewable energy, nanofluids, composite materials, ergonomics, machine design and tribology.
In addition, students are also given the opportunity to select the elective subjects related to IR-4.0 such as Additive Manufacturing, Robotics and Automation, IoT Design and Interfacing, and Artificial Intelligence and Applications. This programme also provides students with industrial experience and research training by requiring students to complete industrial training, capstone design project and final year project geared towards making them industry ready in this era of Industry 4.0.
PROGRAMME EDUCATION OBJECTIVES
1. Graduates who demonstrate technical competence, leadership skills or entrepreneurial qualities within their organizations
2. Graduates who demonstrate professionalism and a commitment to continuous professional development
3. Graduates who are employed in engineering or related professions, or are pursuing (or have completed) their studies in engineering or professional graduate school
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and mechanical engineering fundamentals to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Apply technical knowledge in specialised areas of mechanical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Identify and analyse complex engineering problems, and formulate solutions based on fundamental principles of science and mechanical engineering
- Design mechanical engineering solutions for complex engineering problems that meet specified needs with relevant considerations of their impacts in society
- Conduct investigation and research on complex engineering problems in mechanical engineering
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern mechanical engineering and IT tools to complex engineering problems
- Apply reasoning informed by contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to professional engineering practice and solutions to complex engineering problems in mechanical engineering
- Understand and evaluate sustainability in professional mechanical engineering solutions to complex engineering problems, and their impacts in societal and environmental contexts
- Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of mechanical engineering practice
- Communicate effectively on complex mechanical engineering activities in both oral and written contexts
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in a mechanical engineering team
- Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change in mechanical engineering
- Demonstrate skills in project management, finance and entrepreneurship, and apply these to one’s own work in mechanical engineering, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects in multidisciplinary environments
Dr. Lim Boon Kian
Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Chen Gooi Mee
Asistant Programme Coordinator
Prof. Ir. Dr. Tso Chih Ping
Assoc. Prof. Ts. Dr. Ervina Efzan Mhd Noor
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Lee Tian Soon
Assoc. Prof. Ir. Dr. Kok Chee Kuang
Assoc. Prof. Ts. Ir. Dr. Ng Poh Kiat
Dr. Em Poh Ping
Dr. Liew Kia Wai
Dr. Lim Thong Leng
Dr. Umar Nirmal
Mr. Low Kean Ong
Dr. Chan Wai Ti
Dr. Lim Elaine
Dr. Lim Wee Kuan
Dr. Logah Perumal
Dr. Yasothei Suppiah
Mr. Alif Zulfakar Pokaad
Mr. Ooi Yongson
Dr. Chin Wai Meng
Head of Division (Development Support), Daikin Research & Development Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Mr. Klaus-Jürgen Heer
Director, Assembly Design Sdn. Bhd.
Mr. Syahril bin M. Azmi
COO and Director, Honda Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Ir. Goh Su Kin
Senior Mill Engineer, Lenga Palmoil Industries Sdn. Bhd.
Mr. Teo Tze Earn
Engineering Manager, Xepa-Soul Pattinson Sdn. Bhd.
Mr. Indera Shaiful Baharudin
Operations Director, Noorisba Energy Corporation Sdn. Bhd.
Ir. Abdul Azim Abdul Rahman
Asia Pacific Product Engineering Manager, Steelcase Office Solutions (M) Sdn. Bhd.
Prof. Dr. Patrick Kwon
Professor and Associate Chair for Graduate Studies, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University, United States of America (USA)
Prof. Ir. Dr. Shahrir Abdullah
Dean of Faculty of Engineering and Built Environment, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia