Dear Prof./ Assoc. Prof./ Dr. / Mr. / Ms.,
CUCC just launched our inaugural National Poster Competition (NP2C) 2021.
NP2C 2021 is organized by the Faculty of Information Science & Technology (FIST), Multimedia University, and co-organized by the School of Computer Sciences (PPSKOMP), Universiti Sains Malaysia. NP2C 2021 is technically sponsored by IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Malaysia Chapter and Management Science/Operations Research Society of Malaysia (MSORSM).
NP2C 2021 is a national-level competition. It is a pleasure to invite all postgraduate students throughout Malaysia, who are currently registered students in public or private higher education institutions, to submit a poster presenting your research work. Cash prizes will be awarded to the top 20 winning posters and an e-certificate of achievement will be awarded to all the finalists. Take this opportunity to share, get feedback and improve on your current research work!
Note that a poster may describe published research work, but the poster needs to be original and has never been submitted to any conferences or competitions.
- Each poster submission will incur a RM 10.00 registration fee. Please submit your poster in PDF format and must be of A1 size (594 x 841 mm).
- To submit your poster, please click on the following link: http://tinyurl.com/ya8rpm9j
- The poster template can be downloaded here. Participants are free to design your poster without removing the organizers’ logos.
- For the preliminary round, TWO versions of posters are required:
o Version A: poster with authors’ name and affiliation
o Version B: poster WITHOUT authors’ name and affiliation (including logo) to facilitate the blind review process.
- Posters must describe a research topic that falls under one of the competition tracks listed in the section below. The content of your entry must reflect the selected competition track.
- Each participant can only submit a maximum of ONE (1) poster for the competition. This poster will be judged for qualifying rounds to competition finals. No amendment is allowed after the submission deadline.
- All entries must be in English.
- The deadline to submit your poster is 16 July 2021 by midnight.
- If the participant has been selected to be one of the finalists but wishes to withdraw from the competition, the participant must do so prior to paying the registration fee. Additionally, the participant must inform the organisers about the withdrawal within 3 days of being selected as a finalist.
- The following instructions are applicable only to the 20 selected finalists:
o Each finalist will need to submit a 3 to 5-minute video presentation to a platform provided by the Organiser or Co-Organiser. Failure to submit the video presentation before the given deadline will cause mark deduction in a particular evaluation component.
Participants can choose one of the following tracks:
- Track 1: Technology trends/Emerging Technologies
o IoT, Big Data, Blockchain, Smart Cities, Data Analytics, etc.
- Track 2: Intelligent Systems
o Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Expert Systems, Natural Language Processing, Data Mining, Sentiment Analysis, etc.
- Track 3: Computing Infrastructures
o Security, Networking, Signal Processing, Wireless Communication, etc.
Submission Deadline: 16 July 2021
Announcement of Finalists: 23 August 2021
Submission of video presentation: 3 September 2021
Announcement of Winners: 1 October 2021
For more information, kindly visit NP2C website at http://bit.ly/NP2C_2021
For any inquiries regarding the competition, please contact: email@example.com