The emphasis of this one year programme is to produce students who are proficient and competent in English language. Students will be taught four language skills; reading, writing, grammar, and listening, that will help polish their proficiency in English. Through group discussions, oral presentations, and other activities, students will develop independent learning, critical thinking and teamwork, as well as providing them exposure to campus life. Students will also study a subject called Critical Thinking and Study Skills that will equip them with study, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additionally, students will be assigned a mentor that will not only help them in academics, but also offers emotional support to endeavour academic excellence. Upon completing this programme, students are expected to be proficient and competent in English, as well as become a critical thinker who is able to work independently and co-operate in groups.
- Pass O level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, and at least a B+ in English.
- A minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent
Either of the following:
- Pass SPM/ O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least five (5) subjects, and at least a B+ in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least four (4) subjects inclusive of English
- Other equivalent qualification recognised by the Malaysian Government