Diploma in Telecommunication Engineering (DTE) programme is designed to provide students with the necessary skills, which would equip them for employment in network fault diagnosis, equipment repair and installations, service and network planning within telecommunication companies. As such, subjects offered include transmission theory, telecommunications signalling, communication measurements and techniques, and advanced data communications. In addition, students would be exposed to basic telephony, networks and fundamentals of microprocessor.
Programme Educational Objective
The Centre’s Telecommunication Engineering programme shall produce professionals who are:
- Recognize the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement.
- Knowledgeable and technically competent technologists in telecommunication discipline, with the capability of enhancing career prospect.
- Apply knowledge of engineering fundamentals to electronic engineering field
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical skills in electronic engineering
- Demonstrate awareness of issues and responsibilities pertinent to society, culture and environment
- Demonstrate awareness of values, professionalism and humanities issues
- Lead and participate in teamwork with good communication skills
- Apply reasoning and logical thinking for problem solving
- Engage information management skills and lifelong learning
- Identify cost effective entrepreneurial solutions with good managerial skills.
- Pass O level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and one Science / Engineering subject and a pass in English
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass SPM / O Level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and Science / Engineering subject and a Pass in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and one Science subject
- Pass certificate in a related field from a recognised institution.
you can opt for these Degree programmes
Faculty of Engineering (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electrical
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Telecommunications
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Computer
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons.) Electronics Majoring in Optical Engineering