Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) programme provides students with computing knowledge in planning, implementation, configuration and maintenance of an organization’s computing infrastructure. Students will be exposed to various programming languages and web technologies with which they are able to configure, integrate and deploy systems as well as provide technical support within an organisation. The curriculum covers areas such as programming, database, software design, operating systems, data communication & networking, as well as mathematics. Apart from the technical subjects, students will also be exposed to subjects which instil soft skills such as writing and presentation skills in subjects related to language and business. The skills that the student acquire will enhance students’ interaction and communication especially during their internship at the end of their study and prepare them towards the real life working environment.
Programme Educational Objective
The Centre’s Information Technology programme shall produce IT professionals who are:
- Committed to ICT skills enhancement and lifelong learning through technical training, continuing education or professional certification.
- Knowledgeable and technical competent in ICT-related industries with the ability to apply creative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Demonstrate knowledge of computing fundamentals, and apply it to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related areas.
- Demonstrate software development skills based on software development life cycle methodology.
- Demonstrate awareness of issues and responsibilities pertinent to society, culture and environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of values, professionalism and humanities issues.
- Lead and participate in teamwork with good communication skills.
- Formulate and provide innovative, up to date and effective solutions to computing problems.
- Recognise the need to engage in continuous learning and self-development.
- Identify cost effective entrepreneurial solutions with good managerial skills
- Pass O level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and a pass in English
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass SPM/O-level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics, and a pass in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and a Pass in English
- Pass certificate in a related field from a recognised institution and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
*Candidates without a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the Certificate programme contains subjects in Mathematics that are equivalent to Mathematics at SPM level.
you can opt for these Degree programmes
Faculty of Computing and Informatics (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Game Development
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Data Science
Faculty of Information Science and Technology (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Data Communications and Networking
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Information Technology Management
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Security Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Bioinformatics