Business Information System
Diploma in Business Information Systems (DBIS) programme combines two different fields of study which allow the students to effectively utilise the advances in the area of IT to gain an added advantage in the area of business. Students will be exposed to various subjects of IT such as programming, database and system design just to name a few as well as areas of business such as management, marketing, accounting, economics and entrepreneurship. Students will be taught to analyse organisational requirements and business processes in order to produce a well-crafted system which are well aligned with the organisational goals. Other areas of study will be more on soft skills which includes writing and presentation skills. The knowledge and skills that the students acquire will also be put to use with our industry linkage via their internship.
Programme Educational Objective
The Centre’s Business Information Systems programme shall produce graduates who are:
- Committed to ICT skills enhancement and lifelong learning by updating themselves in areas of business and computer technologies for self and organizational advancement.
- Knowledgeable and technical competent in the field of business and information system, by applying innovative business and technology skills to meet organizational challenges.
- Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and business sector.
- Demonstrate computing skills and approaches pertinent to areas of business, management and Information Technology.
- Demonstrate awareness of issues and responsibilities pertinent to society, culture and environment.
- Demonstrate awareness of values, professionalism and humanities issues.
- Lead and participate in teamwork with good communication skills.
- Formulate and provide creative, innovative and effective computing solutions to business based problems.
- Recognise the need to engage in continuous learning and self-development.
- Identify cost effective entrepreneurial solutions with good managerial skills.
- Pass O level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and a pass in English
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass SPM / O Level or its equivalent with minimum of grade C in at least four (4) subjects, inclusive of Mathematics and a Pass in English
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least three (3) subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and a Pass in English
- Pass certificate in a related field from a recognised institution and a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent.
*Candidates without a credit in Mathematics at SPM level or its equivalent may be admitted if the Certificate programme contains subjects in Mathematics that are equivalent to Mathematics at SPM level.
you can opt for these Degree programmes
Faculty of Computing and Informatics (Cyberjaya)
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Software Engineering
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Information Systems
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Game Development
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Hons.) with Specialization in Data Science
Faculty of Information Science and Technology (Melaka)
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Data Communications and Networking
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Information Technology Management
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Security Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Hons.) Artificial Intelligence
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) Bioinformatics