The three-year BBA programme majoring in Marketing with Multimedia is an interrelated course that uses the knowledge in business marketing for the purpose of developing the multimedia industry. Students are nurtured with in-depth understanding of the concept of marketing and marketing communication, while supplemented with the fundamentals in multimedia and ICT.
The programme provides students with great comprehension in fields such as:
- Principles of Marketing
- Industrial Marketing
- Consumer Behaviour
- Global Marketing
- Marketing Communication
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy
- Multimedia Marketing
- Product Planning and Management
Students will later on embark on an industrial training experience, where they will be assigned to undergo a practical semester in a real working environment to help them prepare for the career world. Graduates of this programme will have the opportunities for a career in industries such as banking, insurance, finance, manufacturing, education, consultancy, and international trade. Potential career prospects include Chief Executive Officers, Marketing Directors, Marketing Consultants, Marketing Managers, Product Managers, Event Managers, Service and Operation Managers, Supply Chain Managers, Strategic Planners, Quality Control Managers and Customer Relations Managers.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates assume a competent marketing managerial role.
- Graduates are technologically savvy and equipped with marketing knowledge and analytical skills with industry recognition.
- Ability to apply fundamental skills and techniques of marketing in various business events.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and competency in the specialised areas of marketing management.
- Ability to apply multimedia and ICT tools to solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand strategic dimension of business and provide recommendations to various business issues.
- Ability to analyse and adapt to dynamic environment.
- Ability to act with personal and professional integrity, conveying an ethical orientation in the global marketplace.
- Ability to develop multi-skilled individual with good business knowledge, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Pass Foundation in related field from a recognized institution
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at O level or its equivalent
- Or Pass in Diploma from a recognised institution
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation from a recognised institution.
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level
- Pass STAM with minimum grade Jayyid in 2 subjects and a pass in Mathematic and English at SPM or its equivalent
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Pass Diploma from a recognised institution