Graduates of this programme are expected to fully acquire the fundamental knowledge, skills and techniques of organisational management, as well as core knowledge in the application of multimedia and ICT for strategic purposes in managing various business organisations. The three-year course will nurture students with leadership values with an understanding of the fundamentals of operation and strategic management, as well as the utilisation of technology based on identified competitiveness factors. Graduates are provided with subjects such as:
- Business and Society Global Management
- Critical Thinking and Applications in Management
- Introduction to Cyberpreneurship
- Human Resource Management
- Management of Technology
- Cross Cultural Management
- Organisational Behaviour
- Production and Operations Management
- Research Methodology
- Strategic Management
- TQM for Managers
And apart from academics and research projects, students will embark on an industry training semester where they will be given the chance to apply the knowledge acquired into practical experience in a real working environment. Graduates have employment opportunities in various industries such as banking, insurance, manufacturing, education, consultancy, and international trade. Among the potential career prospects include company President, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Human Resource Director, Manager, Head of Department, Administrator and Management Consultant.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates assume a competent marketing managerial role.
- Graduates are technologically savvy and equipped with marketing knowledge and analytical skills with industry recognition
- Ability to apply fundamental skills and techniques of management in various business events.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and competency in the specialised areas of business management.
- Ability to apply multimedia and ICT tools to solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand strategic dimension of business and provide recommendations to various business issues.
- Ability to work ethically and independently as well as others in a team.
- Ability to develop a healthy mind and enthusiasm towards lifelong learning.
- Ability to demonstrate social, cultural, global and environmental awareness.
- Pass Foundation in related field from a recognized institution
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at O level or its equivalent
- Or Pass in Diploma from a recognised institution
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation from a recognised institution.
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level
- Pass STAM with minimum grade Jayyid in 2 subjects and a pass in Mathematic and English at SPM or its equivalent
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Pass Diploma from a recognised institution