Human Resource Management
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hons.) in Human Resource Management is a three-year programme that highlights important human resource functions and global perspective in human resource management. This programme, accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), is specifically designed to cultivate creativity and critical thinking among students thus producing stellar graduates in facing various challenging roles in managing, attracting and retaining human capital in any organisation.
Areas pertinent to human resource management are emphasised in this programme, incorporating key components such as:
- Managing Human Resources
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Decision Making
- International Human Resource Management
- Labour Law
- Industry Relations
- Human Resource Information System
Various career paths are relevant to graduates of this programme, especially as human resource management professionals such as Human Resource Manager, Corporate Recruiters, Labour Relations Manager and Training Specialist. A sound knowledge in managing human capital is also valuable to various managerial levels within any organisation and business landscape.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates are expected to be enterprising and principled individuals who hold significant positions in diverse organisations.
- Graduates are capable of handling business and human resource functions effectively and efficiently.
- Acquire fundamental knowledge in business and management.
- Interpret and evaluate relevant information in order to make business decisions.
- Make socially responsible decisions in various business issues.
- Adopt professional values and attitudes in various business and social situations.
- Communicate, lead, and collaborate effectively in a team.
- Formulate workable solution systematically to solve business problems.
- Demonstrate managerial and entrepreneurial skills in diverse situations.
- Gather and use relevant information for continuous self-development.
- Pass Foundation in related field from a recognized institution
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at O level or its equivalent
- Or Pass in Diploma from a recognised institution
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution.
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level.
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English.
- Pass Diploma from a recognised institution.