The three and a half years programme emphasises on the key fundamentals of financial research and development framework, as well as developing multimedia and ICT literacy to compete in today financial industry. The course will provide students with thorough understanding in the correlation between financial supremacy and the power of technology for strategic financial and business purposes. Students will be familiarised and cultivated via introduction to financial subjects such as:
- Mathematics for Finance
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Corporate Finance
- Differential Equations
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Stochastic Processes
- Corporate Financial Strategies
- Numerical Analysis
- Research Methodology
- Time Series Analysis and Forecasting
- Monte Carlo Simulation Techniques
- Tax Planning
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financial Derivatives
- Portfolio Management
- Corporate Risk Management
- Bank Management
- Financial Modelling
- International Finance
The fundamentals of financial literacy is then supplemented with technological related subjects, in a move to produce graduates with great financial efficiency and competitiveness. In doing so, students will be engaged in subjects such as Computer Networks and Internet Computing, Database Management Systems, Computer Programming, Database Management Systems, Computer Networks and Internet Computing, Mathematical Programming and Software Engineering.
Apart from academics and research projects, students will also embark on an industry training semester where they will be given the chance to apply the knowledge acquired into practical experience in a real working environment. There is a distinct job market for financial engineering graduates in commercial banking, insurance, unit trusts, investment banking, risk management, foreign exchanges, financial derivatives, capital and equity market. Many of our graduates are now successful fund managers, financial analyst, consultants, securities brokers, dealers and traders.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates assume a competent marketing managerial role.
- Graduates are technologically savvy and equipped with marketing knowledge and analytical skills with industry recognition.
- Ability to apply fundamental skills and techniques of finance in various business events.
- Acquisition of knowledge and competency in the specialised areas of financial engineering.
- Ability to apply multimedia and ICT tools to solve business problems.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to understand and solve the strategic dimension of business.
- Ability to manage oneself and work in a team effectively.
- Capability and enthusiasm for self-improvement through continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Ability to be a multi-skilled individual with good business ethical knowledge, leadership and entrepreneurial skills.
- Pass Foundation in related field from a recognized institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at O level or its equivalent
- Pass A level or its equivalent with minimum Grade (C+) in 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at O level or its equivalent
- Pass Diploma in Finance, Banking, Insurance or related field from a recognized institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at O level or its equivalent
- A minimum score of 6.0 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level
- Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with minimum Grade (C+) in 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Pass Diploma in Finance, Banking, Insurance or related field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level