The four-year Electronics Engineering programme in the Faculty of Engineering provides students with a good understanding of electronics-related fields such as analogue electronics, physical electronics, power electronics, industrial and communications electronics, semiconductor and superconductor devices, semiconductor manufacturing technology, microelectronics and optoelectronics. In addition, the students will also be exposed to subjects in circuit and signal analysis, computer programming, logic design, power systems and machine, microprocessor and computer systems, electromagnetic theory, control theory, multimedia technology and communications.
This engineering knowledge is further supplemented with basic training in engineering mathematics. To provide the students with a better foundation for professional careers, subjects such as basic management, economics, accounting and law are also taught. The programme is also designed to provide students with opportunities to undergo practical training in the industry and to obtain research experience through graduation projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates assume a technical or managerial leadership role in electronics engineering or in any field benefitting from their engineering knowledge.
- Graduates embrace life-long learning through advanced study, training, or professional membership.
- Graduates are committed to professional ethics, sustainability, and appreciation of social values in their chosen fields.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems.
- Acquire technical competencies in a specialised engineering discipline to solve complex engineering problems.
- Identify and analyse complex engineering problems to reach substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems that meet specified needs with appropriate considerations for public health and safety, society and the environment.
- Conduct research-based investigations into complex engineering problems to reach valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to complex engineering activities.
- Apply appropriate reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues that are relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact to sustainability, society and the environment in the design and development of professional engineering solutions.
- Apply and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities in engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities in both oral and written forms.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader of a team in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognize the need for, and acquire the ability to engage in life-long learning amidst change.
- Demonstrate engineering and management principles, as a member and leader of a team, in managing projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Pass Foundation in related field from a recognized institution;
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics;
- Pass Diploma in related field from recognized institution.
- A minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation /Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass Diploma in related field from recognised institution