Electronics Majoring in Nanotechnology
Nanotechnology is an emerging field for the next generation of electronics, materials and devices leveraging on its exploratory potential. We offer a four year undergraduate programme leading to the Bachelor of Engineering degree majoring in Nanotechnology. For students planning for professional careers in the fields of microelectronics and nanoelectronics, the nanotechnology programme provides a complete undergraduate training in electronics and nanoelectronics-related fields, such as nanomaterials, nanosciences, nanofabrication technology, nanoelectronic devices, MEMS/NEMS, diagnostic technology, computer organisation and architecture, data communication, microprocessor system, and multimedia technology.
In addition, students are also exposed to basic engineering training while learning basic management, economics, accounting and law as part of their career preparation. This programme also provides students with industrial experience and research training, by requiring students to complete industrial training and graduation projects.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates assume a technical or managerial leadership role in electronics engineering specialised in nanotechnology or in any field benefitting from their engineering knowledge.
- Graduates embrace life-long learning through advanced study, training, or professional membership.
- Graduates are committed to professional ethics, sustainability, and appreciation of social values in their chosen fields.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems.
- Acquire technical competencies in a specialised engineering discipline to solve complex engineering problems.
- Identify and analyse complex engineering problems to reach substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, science and engineering.
- Design solutions for complex engineering problems that meet specified needs with appropriate considerations for public health and safety, society and the environment.
- Conduct research-based investigations into complex engineering problems to reach valid conclusions.
- Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools to complex engineering activities.
- Apply appropriate reasoning to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues that are relevant to professional engineering practice.
- Understand the impact to sustainability, society and the environment in the design and development of professional engineering solutions.
- Apply and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities in engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities in both oral and written forms.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader of a team in multidisciplinary environments.
- Recognise the need for, and acquire the ability to engage in life-long learning amidst change.
- Demonstrate engineering and management principles, as a member and leader of a team, in managing projects in multidisciplinary environments.
- Pass Foundation in related field from a recognized institution;
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics;
- Pass Diploma in related field from recognized institution.
- A minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation /Matriculation in related field from a recognised institution
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 principals inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and Physics
- Pass Diploma in related field from recognised institution