This three-year programme takes an innovative, comprehensive and flexible approach to the “script-to-screen” method of filmmaking where students begin their studies with the basics of ideation and storyboarding right up to producing work of their own.
People learn best by doing. That is why our students are constantly making films from day one all the way to their graduation. In total, Cinematic Arts students make over a dozen short films, ranging from narrative fiction film or documentary to music video and interactive advertising.
The best films have something to say. We believe that an interaction of theory and practice yields outstanding ideas and creativity. For our students to become well-informed global citizens, leaders in an emerging media market and highly sought-after professionals, we provide them with the opportunities to study the history and theoretical concepts in their chosen area of practice as well as related fields of knowledge, and allow these theories to influence the students professional practice.
Mentorship from full-time lecturers and industry professionals will accelerate the synergy of theory and practice and stimulate critical reflection, intellectual growth and interpersonal communication helping you to realise your personal goals and develop into a well-rounded member of our increasingly global society.
- Pass Foundation programme from a recognized institution may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 2 Principals
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognized institution
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation programme from a recognized institution may be admitted subject to a rigorous internal assessment process.
- Pass STPM or its equivalent with 2 principals.
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of English.
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution.