Graduates of the Bachelor of Analytical Economics are expected to be experts in conducting research, collecting and analysing data, handling projects, monitoring economic conditions and developing accurate forecasts. The three-year programme catered to Economics students is carefully developed for a thorough understanding of analytical economics and financial literacy, with the variation of fundamentals and specialisation subjects such as:
- Knowledge Economy
- Research Methodology
- Multivariate Data Analysis
- Financial Economics
- Money and Banking
- Comparative Economics
- Business Modelling and Simulation
- Econometrics Modelling and Forecasting
- Principles of Operation Research
- Seminar in Analytical Economics
Apart from the typical educational methods, students will also be required to get involved in research projects and industrial training to equip them with a better understanding of the professional culture in the industry they desire. Many of our graduates are engaged in the banking, insurance, finance, manufacturing, education, consultancy, health, tourism, shipping, logistic and investment sectors. Some potential career prospects include economic analyst, banker, manager, entrepreneur, financial analyst, consultant, administrator, researcher and academician.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates assume a competent marketing managerial role.
- Graduates are technologically savvy and equipped with marketing knowledge and analytical skills with industry recognition.
- Ability to apply fundamental economic skills and techniques in various economic conditions.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and competency in the specialised areas of economics.
- Ability to identify problems and find solutions based on a systematic and scientific approach.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to understand strategic dimension of economics and provide recommendations to various economic issues.
- Ability to work effectively as an ethical individual, and as a member/leader in a team.
- Ability to develop an analytical mind and enthusiasm towards lifelong learning.
- Ability to demonstrate social, cultural, global and environmental awareness.
- Pass Foundation from a recognized institution
- Pass A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at O level or its equivalent
- Or Pass in Diploma from a recognised institution
- A minimum score of 5.0 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation from a recognised institution.
- Pass STPM / A Level or its equivalent with 3 Principals inclusive of Mathematics / Economics / Accounting / Business Studies, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level
- Pass STAM with minimum grade Jayyid in 2 subjects and a pass in Mathematic and English at SPM or its equivalent
- Pass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Pass Diploma from a recognised institution