Bachelor of Accounting is a four-year programme that provides students with the knowledge and skills required to become professional accountants. The programme is accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) and is also recognised by professional accounting bodies such as MIA, MICPA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA and ICAEW. The faculty provides students with exceptional understanding of accounting with adequate fundamentals and intense exposure on subjects such as:
- Accounting theory
- Fundamentals of financial accounting
- Corporate accounting
- Management accounting
- Public sector accounting
- Accounting information systems
Apart from accounting subjects, students will also be equipped with the knowledge in basic legal framework such as company law and secretarial practice, as well as the basic concepts of business law.
The academic journey is then supplemented with a proper industry training with the exposure to actual working environment outside the university to prepare students for the career world.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates are to assume Professional Accountant role with high level of competency and total responsiveness to various challenges in the dynamic business environment
- Ability to apply fundamental skills and accounting techniques in various economic events.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and competency in the specialised areas of accounting relevant to economic situations.
- Ability to apply multimedia and ICT tools to solve accounting problems and to support e-services.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to carry out professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to understand strategic dimension of accounting & auditing and provide recommendations to various accounting and business issues.
- Ability to integrate knowledge in other business-related areas in order to meet professional needs and to develop entrepreneurial skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as others in a team.
- Ability to develop a healthy mind and enthusiasm towards lifelong learning.
- Ability to demonstrate social, cultural, global and environmental awareness.
- Pass Foundation from a recognized institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at O level or its equivalent
- Pass A level or its equivalent with minimum Grade (C+) in 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics / Accounting and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at O level or its equivalent
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognized institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50, a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at O level or its equivalentt
- A minimum score of 5.5 for IELTS or its equivalent
- Pass Foundation / Matriculation from a recognised institution with a minimum CGPA of 2.50, and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level
- Pass STPM / A level or its equivalent with minimum Grade (C+) in 3 subjects inclusive of Mathematics / Accounting and a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level
- Pass STAM with minimum grade Jayyid in 2 subjects and a credit in Mathematic and a pass in English at SPM
- Paass UEC with minimum of grade B in at least five (5) subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English
- Pass Diploma in related field from a recognised institution with minimum CGPA of 2.50, a credit in Mathematics and a pass in English at SPM level
- A minimum score of band 2 in MUET*
*Candidates not meeting this requirement may be subjected to an internal review process.