MMU 3.0 : i-University
In 2015, MMU initiated its MMU 3.0 mission towards the realisation of i-University, a continuation of the MMU 2.0 transformation programme that was executed in 2014.
The i-University initiative forms the backbone of MMU’s continued drive to remain a trendsetter in the ICT higher education industry. It focuses on keeping MMU relevant and competitive with the achievement of certain targets, namely
Excellence in Education
- Focus in Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Addressing 21st century skills
- Process learning instead of only content learning
Wider reach of programme delivery
- Marketable teaching and learning
- Working adult
- International learners
A comprehensive ecosystem that stimulates the generation of new ideas for entrepreneurship and innovation, in addition to promoting lifelong learning.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial graduates
- Scalable lifelong learning programmes
- Transformed learning environment
- To incorporate entrepreneurship and innovation activities into teaching and learning
- To inspire learners and enable inquiry driven instruction through blended learning
- To expand our reach globally in the lifelong learners market through the implementation of Open Distance Learning (ODL).
- To transform the learning environment to adapt to new student learning approaches on a proactive basis
The i-University framework comprises of five thrusts encompassing innovative and entrepreneurial undergraduates, scalable lifelong learning programmes, transformation of learning environment, marketability and industry connectedness, as well as culture and competency.